Well, the title says it all. Cake. Date. It’s a Date Cake!
This cake is moist, delicious and requires only handful of ingredients.
Ingredients you would require:
- All purpose flour 1 and 3/4 cup
- Eggs 2
- Granulated sugar 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 2 level teaspoons
- Butter 1/2 a cup (softened)
- Dates 1 cup (pitted)
- Water 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt, a pinch
- Add dates to boiling water, stir for a couple of minutes till it starts softening. Leave this mixture aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Once the mixture turns pale yellow and light, add the eggs and beat just until eggs are properly combined.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder to the egg mixture and beat till it is well combined. (Do not over beat)
- Lastly, add the cooled date and water mixture. Fold gently with a spatula.
- Bake in a greased cake tin at 180 Degrees Celsius for 40-50 minutes.
Perfect or any tea party, snack, dessert or even at-home-date (pun intended).